Zoloft and Trazodone

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
TedGil
Regular User

Zoloft and Trazodone

Postby TedGil » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:37 pm

I know I have not posted in a while but I know I can always come back to this awesome support group to help me out. So Thank you all

I have been C.Diff free for 4 months. Back in late March I was put on Zoloft for anxiety and low dosage of trazodone for sleep. My anxiety got worse and worse post c.diff. Had a few Panic Attacks which one sent me to hospital because I thought I was having heart issues. Turned out to be Anxiety attach.

Anyways, I heard of a study back in 2013 linking people with depression and taking specific antidepressant having an increased risk of getting C.Diff.

Well that is a scary, considering I am taking one of the drugs in that study.
Do I really have anything to worry about??

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Re: Zoloft and Trazodone

Postby AllisS » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:08 pm

I wouldn't be concerned about it. A single study showing an association between "x" and "y" isn't compelling evidence.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:33 am

My mother had c diff and relapsed a couple of times. She took Trazodone, Celexa, Ambien and other things after and never relapsed from any of them. She also took antibiotics later - a few years after c diff - and never relapsed either. Talk to your doctor if you are nervous about it, but I would not be overly concerned.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:33 pm

There was a study on certain antidepressant that might be linked to Cdiff : Remeron and Prozac. There are several people that had bad cases of Cdiff and got cured of it and they are taking Remeron and they haven't relapsed. That study made a lot of people , including me , freak out for no reason. I was one of the people who read that study and went off cold turkey from Remeron (witch was doing wonders for my insomnia ) and to this day i never found another drug to help me sleep like that one did.

TedGil
Regular User

Postby TedGil » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:18 pm

Thank all I will ignore it then. But I have to admit something is messing with my GI tract and stomach. I have been taking both Trazodone for about a month and Zoloft for about 6 weeks. Then about 2 weeks ago I started having gas, constant belching, nausea and on some days loose stools. I am Gluten-free and very little dairy for months so I can’t seem to figure it out. Maybe the drugs are irritating my PI-IBS. I am trying to wean off Trazodone to see if that is it. It’s a mystery :-)

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”