Test again?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Spring
New User

Test again?

Postby Spring » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:33 am

I am now 2 months post cdiff. I took a 14 day dose of Vanco and that’s it. I’m having more good days than bad days but I’m still eating very bland. Once in a while I will still get WD but it doesn’t last all day and is usually gone by the next day. I have a lot of IBS symptoms and I don’t know how much cleaner I can eat. I have never been retested after finishing Vanco. And I have read more than 3 days of WD is a good rule of thumb. Should I get tested again to make sure? I know a lot of you say it just takes time to heal and I don’t want to take more meds if I don’t have to because Vanco caused a lot of bladder pain for me that I’m still struggling with. Thanks!

Musings
Regular Contributor

Re: Test again?

Postby Musings » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:03 am

Testing for a cure is not recommended as it often leads to over treatment. A cure should be considered by symptoms and occasional WD is not uncommon in recovery as long as it's not profuse (as you mentioned, the 3 day rule).

Know you mentioned eating bland but it may be helpful to keep a food diary and see if there is any connection to a particular food and the episodes of WD. There may be something, even bland, that is not sitting well with you.

Spring
New User

Re: Test again?

Postby Spring » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:16 pm

Thank you, yes I feel much better today and I noticed I didn’t eat certain things. I know a good diary will definitely help!

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”