Flonase years post c diff

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
hledgess
Regular Contributor

Flonase years post c diff

Postby hledgess » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:21 pm

Hey everyone I’ve been c diff free for over 3 years! I’m still very cautious and worry about it.. May allergies have been terrible this year and I was on Flonase for 15 years or so before c diff. I stopped it once Ik it was a steroid back then, but never had an issue not having it until now. How much do we know about it? Drs day it’s safw and stays in the nose, but I am skeptical as these are the same drs trying prescribe me an abx in case I developed a sinus infection.. (eye roll) so I looked it up on here beforehand I posted and didn’t really find much. Has anyone had an issue with it? Heard anything or know anything?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Flonase years post c diff

Postby beth22 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:39 am

I have not heard that it was a problem. It makes me dizzy when I use it, but I have used it with no GI issues. Others have received steroid injections for various neck, knee, shoulder, etc. problems. You can check with a pharmacist and ask if there are any warnings about c difficile with it. They usually know more about these things than doctors.

Machaon
Regular Contributor

Postby Machaon » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:29 am

Hi hledgess!

Sorry to hear about your nasty allergy problems. This winter has been very warm down here in South Florida and the pollen is working overtime. Perhaps this is a bad pollen season where you live?

I've been C-diff free since Sept 2017.

I've been using Flonase (fluticasone) and Flovent for decades, and for the past year I've been using Flonase for both sinus issues and, because of the high cost of Flovent, I've been using Flonase to also keep my asthma under control.

I've had absolutely no side effects or issues with Flonase. I love the stuff! I'm 74 and I remember the old asthma medications and their horrible side effects.

You've used it for 15 years. I imagine, if you were going to have problems with it, you would have experienced something by now.

I can also relate to your sinus infections. I used to have sinus infections quite frequently, multiple times per year. I finally got rid of them by protecting and allowing my sinuses to heal after a round of Amoxicillin. Sinus membranes have open sores after an infection. If the sores, or wounds, do not properly heal after a damaging infection, they are prone to re-infect, IMHO.

Regards, best of luck, Bob
Male 77 S.Florida

900 weight lifts 750 knee bends day

Since 1987 had CHF afib asthma

I inhale $6 Flonase nasal spray for asthma :)

Ex C-diff (4/19/17- 9/12/17) after 10 days dificid

Diet:6 meals ~1500 cals 2 eggs 2 steamed broccoli, apple, bagels

Musings
Regular Contributor

Postby Musings » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:01 am

I have used Flonase for the past two years (had c.diff about 3 years ago) with no ill effect on my GI, thankfully as my allergies appear to get worse every year.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”