Heartburn or Ulcer after Treatment?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Firewife
New User

Heartburn or Ulcer after Treatment?

Postby Firewife » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:19 am

Hello again everyone,

Just wondering if anyone here has experienced excruciating heartburn or an ulcer after treatment. I finished my taper on April 3 and about 3 days later got heartburn so bad I thought I was dying. Have had it three times and once it had me vomiting. I see GI Tuesday and am on some medicine until then but wondered if anyone has experienced this as well. I know Nancy has mentioned GERD after the infection. Anyone else? I’m also still itching like crazy. This thing is never going to end!

roy
Administrator

Re: Heartburn or Ulcer after Treatment?

Postby roy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:38 am

Not typical c.diff but anything's possible.
Has your Dr checked for gallbladder or liver problems?
Those symptoms are closer to gallbladder/liver than colon problems. (especially itching)
Cant diagnose by internet but get it checked.

Firewife
New User

Postby Firewife » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:02 pm

Thanks Roy. I actually had my gallbladder removed about 15 years ago so have been wondering if it can be related to a lack of one! I had labs done and doc said liver looked good but I don’t know how extensive that was. Guess we will see on Tuesday about next steps.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:17 pm

Yes, unfortunately for me I ended up with this, but I had terrible vomiting with CDIFF and also ended up with a hernia. I do the best I can but would talk with your GI, I had an endoscopy to make sure I did not have an ulcer.

Hope all turns out well!

NanciT

anr16
Brand New Poster

Postby anr16 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:46 pm

I have been dealing with c-diff going on 6 months and I have a ton of upper Gi issues like extreme acid reflux, back pain, fast heart beat, tons of gas, vomiting,obv diarrhea, stomach pain, cramping, some blood, and mucus and I can hardly eat. I also had really bad side effects from flagil and vanco. With the cdiff came severe anxiety and depression. I'm not sure if any of this is normal but I am experiencing it. I have on going test to ensure that its not other problems causing these issues but so far nothing else has popped up other than positive cdiff results. I've also had negative tests yet still have all the same symptoms.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:29 am

Hi anr16 and welcome to the site. Please read the first forum for more information for new posters.

I had most of those symptoms too. I have been reading articles that talk about the gut microbiome having systemic effects and this could be part of it. Check with your doctor and see if maybe you have some vitamin and mineral deficiencies. I and other posters have had low B12, B6, vitamin D, calcium, iron and other things. Blood tests would tell you if that is the case. When I started supplementing with vitamin D, I felt better. In any case, your doctor should follow up and not just assume that it is the c diff.

anr16
Brand New Poster

Postby anr16 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:35 pm

Thank you so much for your response, its good to know that i am not alone. I've been told by many that the symptoms seem unrelated to the cdiff therefore I've been trying to search for answers. I've had negative cliff test for a month but I'm still having difficulty. I hope you're better and healed fron your cliff.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”