Not sure what to think

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Lalabell
New User

Not sure what to think

Postby Lalabell » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:02 pm

Hi everyone!

I posted a few weeks back about my 4 year old with CDiff. She has been off of the flagyl for 21 days she has been doing wonderful her stool were formed and I felt like we could put this all behind us until this past Sunday. Sunday She had a VERY loose mushy stool and each day to follow up until this morning her stool has been very mushy almost like powdered. She is complianing of her belly hurting each time she goes but she is only going once sometimes twice a day(she also has a cold).. I spoke with my GI and sent him the pictures of her stool and he feels that they look ok however to me they do not. I am just not sure what to do or what I am looking for. I know it 3 WD 3X for 3days but she never really had WD only loose stools. I am just at a loss I feel like my GI isn’t taking this seriously and the the CDiff is returning. I just need some help!

Musings
Regular Contributor

Re: Not sure what to think

Postby Musings » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:39 pm

Know how much fear c.diff can induce but would agree with the GI on this one that it isn't c.diff given the consistency and frequency.

Flagyl is a rough drug and can really upset the balance of a GI tract and would think especially so in a 4 year old. Certain foods she was digesting fine before may cause some issues after c.diff and treatment. Many have started food journals to see how they respond so maybe you can connect the iffy stools with certain foods your daughter is eating.

Lalabell
New User

Postby Lalabell » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:48 pm

Thank you! That’s a great idea.. she did have some milk on Sunday and that is when the mushy stools started. But It’s lile once a day she gets a terrible tummy ache and goes very mushy and then sometimes if she goes again it is more formed... I have become obsessed with poop lol

Lalabell
New User

Postby Lalabell » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:31 pm

And now there is loose stool with mucus... what a nightmare!!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:53 am

I became lactose intolerant after c difficile. I never was before. You might keep a food journal for a couple of weeks and see if any particular foods are bothersome. I tent to forget what I ate and writing it down would probably help me too. I have a very bad cold or a URI and it has given me loose stools too. I think maybe all the junk I am swallowing.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”