Depressed and tired

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Medena
Contributor

Depressed and tired

Postby Medena » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:59 am

Hi guys.. just want to vent..
Had rought three days.. feeling miserable.
I've seen a GI today, I'll get tested again. He said that Cdiff can come back even without the use of antibiotics... that made me feel worse.
I am so depressed by this disease, sad and stressed I am thinking of jumping off an 5th floor balcony. Looking at it and thinking if I go there, no more problems.
I have just never been the same after this infection. My life became rubbish and unpredictable. I don't go away from my home because PI IBS can hit me anytime. I used to be a food lover, now I stay away from anything but rice toast and crackers.
I wonder if the depression, stress and anxiety feed cdiff, because ever since I had it and shortly before I got it, I've been mentally low. The doctor told me today how stress lowers imunnity, which can lead to cdiff recurrance. That didnt cheer me up as well.
My baby seems to be suffering because I am just not there for her with all this going on.
Thanks for listening

AnxiousJ
Regular Contributor

Re: Depressed and tired

Postby AnxiousJ » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:18 pm

I am so sorry you are feeling this way. It WILL get better! Please don't let some off days make you even think about horrible decisions. I know it is stressful but it could very well just be ibs. Try and have some chicken broth or some toast and give your stomach a few days. It may be good idea for you to talk to someone as well. I see a therapist bc of health anxiety every two weeks and she has helped me immensely.

I too have PI IBS. I take 1 VSL daily and 1 Florastor on off days and that does seem to help quite a bit. I have cut out dairy and now eat a predominately plant based diet and oatmeal almost every am. It took 2 years for me to feel more like myself but I am able to eat more now for sure.

Hope your day gets brighter and just know many of us have been where you are and it will get better.
Last edited by AnxiousJ on Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Medena
Contributor

Postby Medena » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:37 pm

Thank you.. it just seem so depressing, I finally felt better and then again..
I wish they found a cure.
Thanks for the kind words :)

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Postby AllisS » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:07 pm

Medena, I and others can certainly sympathize with the feelings that you describe. Serious illness, whether C. diff or something else, can be extremely draining and dispiriting. That said, if you are entertaining thoughts of suicide it's imperative that you talk with a professional. Many therapists have expertise with illness-related issues. You owe this not only to yourself but to your baby as well!
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

Medena
Contributor

Postby Medena » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:07 am

Thank you.. I got my mother to visit to help me out while I seek help.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:27 am

Medina, I have had severe PI IBS for several years now. It has been worse some times more than others but it can disrupt your life. I have been on several helpful medications. Ask your GI to work with you. Ask about trying xifaxan, questran, the medical food Enteragam or Viberzi. I have used all of those and don’t know if any of those are right for you but you can ask about them, or perhaps something as simple as an antispasmodic. Also, a type of antidepressants are sometimes tried for IBS. That might be another option to ask about. Try to get help with medication when diet alone is not enough. There is help!

Medena
Contributor

Postby Medena » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:50 am

thank you :)
I finished with my gi, the results were that a part of my colon has too many spasms, while the one next to the "exit" is overly still
This results in gas and soft stool unable to move forward normally or water to absorb, and hard stool blocking the way, which results in diarrhea. Thats what I've been said. What to do with this info further I have no idea. Suffer in silence, I guess.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:25 am

Did the doctor give you any treatment for that?

Medena
Contributor

Postby Medena » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:04 am

no, he just said its ibs and if i want we can try rifaximin for sibo.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”