Advil

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
okaylo
Regular Contributor

Advil

Postby okaylo » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:31 pm

I have taken Advil liquid gels for my Interstitial Cystitis pain on and off the last few months. Before this I have avoided Advil all together after my 2 FMTs. I've been told Advil will not cause a relapse and I need to worry only about antibiotics and PPIs. I'm just freaking out that I've done damage to my gut. I've taken a lot of supplements and meds trying to treat my IC. None of which were antibiotics or PPIs but I'm still afraid. I have loose stools and an overall malaise/ill feeling. My gut is on fire with burning and I'm doubled over with a heating pad. I have been told and read that if I had a GI bleed I would have black or bloody stools. I just need some peace of mind here. I've had cdiff way too many times and do not want to be afraid anymore. I also do have IBS, gastritis, etc.

roy
Administrator

Re: Advil

Postby roy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:01 pm

Please stay on topic (c.diff) and on one thread at a time.
I am locking this one

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”