I think it’s coming back help!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Lalabell
New User

I think it’s coming back help!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Lalabell » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:42 pm

Hi!

So my 4 years old daughter has been off the flagyl since Thursday. I thought that we were making good progress her stools were formed and she was only going to the bathroom about 2x a day.. well today she woke up saying she had a bad tummy ache she went to the bathroom and had some formed mixed with soft mush stool. Then this afternoon she went again and it was much looser then it has been in a long time. I am terrified she is relapsing and I don’t know what to do. I contacted her GI and I am waiting for him to get back to me but until then my anxiety is thru the roof. Any words of wisdom is greatly appreciated!

Musings
Regular Contributor

Re: I think it’s coming back help!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Musings » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:21 pm

It's not uncommon to take a few steps backwards once treatment is over which could be the case here but talk to her GI and see what they recommend. If she continues to get worse, would ask for vanco as the next treatment as I don't think dificid has been approved for use in children yet.

Lalabell
New User

Postby Lalabell » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:27 pm

Thank you for your reply! It is comforting to hear from people who have been down this road before. What should I be looking for when it come to a relapse? Is it normal to still get tummy aches and mushy stool?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:07 am

It could be a relapse, but not necessarily. Since she is 4, ask for liquid form of vanco. It is also much cheaper. We have had children who have taken it whose parents have posted. They generally have had good results. It is an easier medication to tolerate.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:27 am

wait a day or two unless it gets worse.

Lalabell
New User

Postby Lalabell » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:55 am

Thanks everyone! She only went twice yesterday and I sent pics of her stool to her GI he felt that they looked ok for now and to keep him posted... I guess I should go by the 3WD 3x a day for 3 days? I just need to know that’ll thing bad is going to happen to her and that she will beat this if not now but eventually. We are supposed to go to Disney next month and I am terrified to go.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”