Questions post vanc

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Megan881
New User

Questions post vanc

Postby Megan881 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:21 am

Hi everyone,
So I’m one month post vancomycin for recurrent c diff and so far so good. However, I was prescribed 500 mg 4x a day for 10 days and since I’ve finished the antibiotics I feel off. My anxiety is not completely better but also my head doesn’t feel right. I feel slightly dizzy, light headed, hard to concentrate. I’m not sure if it’s even related to the vanc or just exhausted and lack of eating. My GI told me that I was prescribed more than the recommended amount (my pcp rx the vanc). Anyone else rx that amount of vanc or have similar symptoms after finishing vanc? It’s been a month that I’ve been off of the vanc and no recurrence so far. Still no appetite, hopefully that will return one day?

Thank you all
Megan

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Questions post vanc

Postby beth22 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:48 am

I would ask your doctor to check your vitamin and mineral levels. Many of us were deficient in vitamins like B12, B6, D, A, iron, etc. If you have a vitamin deficiency, for example, B12, you can feel "off".

sammyp
Contributor

Re: Questions post vanc

Postby sammyp » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:20 am

Honestly, it might be attributed to your anxiety. Dizziness, fogginess, blurry vision, lower concentration are all telltale sign that my anxiety is heightened. Usually when it starts to get to those levels for me, I go back on anxiety meds and the problems resolve. You may want to follow up with mental health care if you haven't already done so. I agree about getting your vitamin levels checked but if it's all normal, I'd definitely consider mental health treatment.

As for the appetite, I'm 5 months out from Vanco and only recently started getting my appetite back. It's still not like it was before CDiff. It definitely takes time. Recovery is a long road.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”