Cefdinir 20 days sinus issues help

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
delyla
New User

Cefdinir 20 days sinus issues help

Postby delyla » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:13 am

I had cdiff in 2016. I was lucky i recovered after 1 round of flagyl. Though its left me with ibs..clindamycin caused it.
Now in jan i am getting a rhinoplasty, taking a zpac. Im not worried about that. Zpac was tolerable with some florastor no relapse.

But..my ent (not my plastic surgeon) wants me immediately on a 20 day dose of cefdinir to clear up a long term sinus infection so i can get a cat scan. I have cyclical sinus infections since i broke my nose 2.5 years ago..its gotten really bad and now i need surgery.
I scheduled the cosmetic rhinoplasty before my last severe infection. Which got post poned a month due to sinus infection.
I really need this cat scan...but 20 days on cefdinir...i feel like im guaranteed cdiff relapse.
Im terrified of this. What can i do to prevent relapse..any one else need long term high risk antibiotics? And what did you do to help your gut?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Cefdinir 20 days sinus issues help

Postby NanciT » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:02 am

I don't think you can take long term antibiotics without risk. I would get a second opinion from another ENT.
You were fortunate if one round of flagyl got rid of CDIFF.
I would also want the ENT working with the Plastic surgeon, both should know your history.

NanciT

delyla
New User

Postby delyla » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:12 pm

So basically if i start taking florastor, some sort of probiotic pill and kefir every few days..do you think it will help?

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:50 pm

Florestor, a probiotic and daily kefir "might help cant hurt" but 20 days of a high risk antibiotics is a huge risk for someone that has previously had c.diff.
Get a second opinion.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”