doxycycline hyclate

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Soimez
Contributor

doxycycline hyclate

Postby Soimez » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:43 am

Hi I currently just started a 7 day course of doxycycline hyclate does anyone know if this is safe or has anyone used this? I started it tonight now feeling a little gassy I’m a little nervous as this is the first antibiotic I’ve taken since 2016 when I got Cdiff

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: doxycycline hyclate

Postby beth22 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:14 am

I have taken it and so has my mother and neither of us had a relapse of c difficile. It is one of the safer antibiotics, although no antibiotic is really safe. If you are not currently taking probiotics, I would take some while you are on the antibiotics and for a while after.

Soimez
Contributor

Postby Soimez » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:19 am

Yup I’m taking bio k and sacc boulardi

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:10 pm

In the CDI section there is a section about antibiotics listing them in order of highest risk, medium risk and least risk to cause c diff. You should refer to that list and also print it or copy it and keep it with you for referenc3 and can also show it to your drs if you have any doubts of their familiarity with this information.

Soimez
Contributor

Postby Soimez » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:48 pm

I’m currently on day 5 of 7 and today my stomach is feeling very gassy and rumbling!! Starting to get neorvous!!!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:24 am

Hopefully it will pass. Call your GI and ask if you are worried.

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Postby AllisS » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:44 am

The symptoms you're describing could also be caused by the probiotics you're taking, especially if you've only recently begun taking them and/or you're taking a high dose.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”