Has anyone here gotten Cdiff from Cipro??

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Soimez
Contributor

Has anyone here gotten Cdiff from Cipro??

Postby Soimez » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:22 am

Has anyone gotten Cdiff from Cipro? I’ve read it is a big offender but I have found studies showing that it did not promote Cdiff growth!!

sammyp
Contributor

Re: Has anyone here gotten Cdiff from Cipro??

Postby sammyp » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:47 am

Many people here and on other support groups have gotten CDiff after taking Cipro.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:08 am

It's a very high offender.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:38 pm

My CDIFF nightmare started with Cipro, I also had CIPRO poisoning. It can have terrible complications.

NanciT

LHutz
Regular Contributor

Postby LHutz » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:19 am

Cipro is a very powerful and dangerous antibiotic and the FDA issued an advisory a couple years ago that it should not be used for things like sinus infections and common UTI unless no other alternatives are available because the risks outweigh the benefits. I was prescribed Cipro 9 years ago and I'm still dealing with the effects of the damage that it caused to my Achilles tendon. You can absolutely develop a C. Diff. infection from Cipro and many other terrible side effects.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”