Wheat

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Jrditusa
New User

Wheat

Postby Jrditusa » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:47 am

Hey everyone.. I’m three months into recovery after a dificid taper and doing ok. Like everyone I have good and bad days..still trying to figure out what causes bad days with multiple loose bam and bathroom trips. Has anyone had problems with wheat? I still eat pretty bland and do take probiotics and questran..but had wheat bread the other day and haven’t felt well for two days. Just thought I’d ask.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Wheat

Postby georgina » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:13 pm

It could be possible to have developed a temporary intolerance to gluten or it's a fructan intolerance(carbohydrate that is in wheat , onion , garlic etc that can ferment in the gut).If you crave a few slices of wheat bread try the sourdough .Sourdough bread is made by the fermentation of dough using bacteria and yeast and they break down the fructan levels for you , but you need to eat just 1-2 slices per serving , just like in the fodmap elimination diet.If you still have a reaction then maybe you are intolerant to gluten and you should stay away from gluten for awhile.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Wheat

Postby beth22 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:02 am

I had problems with wheat bread too, but white, french and sourdough were fine.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”