Cystitis

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
okaylo
Regular Contributor

Cystitis

Postby okaylo » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:54 am

It is suspected that I may have cystitis after ongoing bladder problems that continue regardless of repeated negative urine cultures. My primary care doctor has done cultures up and down. I’ve been to the gyno and all cultures come back negative. I had a UTI one year ago and my bladder has NEVER been the same since. It’s been extremely sensitive but I’ve managed until a week ago. I was intimate with someone — no sex but contact down there and since then I have had urgency, frequency, bladder pressure, pain, discomfort, it feels like there’s a 100 lb weight on my bladder and that it’s never fully empty. Anyway, my question is, for anyone with IC, what works? I’ve read about antihistamines and antidepressants which have some discussion about being correlated to the development of cdiff. I’ve read acupuncture may help and a few other options but there’s no cure for IC. I’m afraid to take anything and end up with cdiff again. Any advice is welcomed. I am working on getting to a urologist. My gyno told me all of my symptoms point to IC... Please help.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Cystitis

Postby NanciT » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:01 am

Hi

Sorry to see you back with this problem. I know I have mentioned in the past the issues that Vanco has caused several on this site. Sometimes the problem continues with the bladder irritation and cultures are all negative. Since months have passed since you have had CDIFF often MD's dont see the connection.

See another urologist. A second opinion in this case of persistent bladder issues. There are several posters on the site who keep in contact with me, a few were diagnosed with IC post CDIFF and Vanco. It is clear with so many posters returning with these bladder issues and also the change in side effects listed over the last 4 years.

My urologist was very clear and I continued with these symptoms for a very long time. His diagnosis in my case was "Pelvic floor dysfunction" post CDIFF. He also believed it was directly related to the months on was on Vanco and also the months I was on Dificid. He was also clear it was not IC because he related to the Vanco. I saw him several times, this became a chronic problem for me.

Make sure to review your history, bring in the information from Mayo Clinic :Oral Vancomycin side effects". Unfortunately it can lasts for some time.
Sorry you are going through all of this, it can be very debilitating.

NanciT

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”