Bloating and constipation

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Messydre
New User

Bloating and constipation

Postby Messydre » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:18 pm

I'm constantly bloated. Anyone else feel this way? I use to use Miralax at least once a week, not sure now if I should but the constipation is there. Anyone else have these problems? I'm a few weeks post antibiotics.

roy
Administrator

Re: Bloating and constipation

Postby roy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:37 pm

If you are back to your usual normal it's a good sign.
BUT having to use a stool softener is not good in the long term.
Check with your Dr if it's ok as a temporary fix (probably is but we cant confirm it) then try to go naturally in future by adjusting your diet.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:48 am

Have you tried adding food with more fiber to your diet? Some take fiber supplements. They never agreed with me, but juices, prunes, bran cereal might be helpful.

Messydre
New User

Postby Messydre » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:09 pm

I'll try more fiber. Before the dr had said it was fine but now I'm not so sure. I've been having lots of pain so I'm thinking of going on, I'll ask then

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:53 pm

Also increase your fluid intake. Enough fluid is needed to help decrease constipation especially if you increase fiber or use any kind of fiber supplements. Any fluids are good and fruit juices are great.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”