Scared it's back

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Messydre
New User

Scared it's back

Postby Messydre » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:30 pm

I'm so scared it's back. I'm getting pain like when I was sick. I don't have D but I've mentioned before that my meds actually constipate me so I'm not sure if have it. I didn't have any pain for 2 weeks then it started up again. I'm thinking about retesting. Did you have pain while recovering? It's that pain under the ribs.

roy
Administrator

Re: Scared it's back

Postby roy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:33 pm

Sound closer to gallbladder problems than c.diff symptoms.
Cant diagnose by internet but back pain, under rib pain, Wierd BM between D and C all fit in with gall stones.

Messydre
New User

Postby Messydre » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:41 pm

It feels just like when I was sick. I had an ultrasound when I had my first infection and gallbladder was ok. What was your pain like when you were sick?

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:53 am

I had (and still have at least once or twice per week when IBS strikes) burning pain in my lower left quadrant sometimes along with trapped gas in the other half of my abdomen witch also gives me pain , and i've been cleared of Cdiff (tested negative for antigen two times in a row) . If the pain is tolerable it can indicate that your gut is still irritated and needs more time to heal but if it's a very bad time of pain , like excruciating pain you need to see a doctor and run more tests not just assume that is active Cdiff that gives you the pain. Have you asked your doctor for antispasmodics? Usually those help ease down the pain on the bad days. A heating pad is also helpful.

Messydre
New User

Postby Messydre » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:45 am

I have not asked about them. It's a lot of gurgling and some pain. I might just get tested to get reassurance. It's been going on for a few days.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:27 am

Testing for reassurance is not advised . Testing is recommended only if full blown D is present.

Messydre
New User

Postby Messydre » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:22 pm

That's the only reason I haven't tested. I'm a little constipated so I keep worrying I won't have any D. I just have pain and bloating. TMI but my bm was yellowish. But no M or B. The worry and anxiety is ever present.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”