When did you stop losing weight

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Messydre
New User

When did you stop losing weight

Postby Messydre » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:22 pm

Hi. I've been off 2nd round of meds for 2 weeks. Everything started beginning of August, I've lost 20lbs. I hoped I'd stop losing since the D stopped. I'm on a bland diet. Scared to try anything. I eat oatmeal, bananas, apples, toast, eggs, a little rice, some chicken. Just about the same everyday. I worry everyday of course but I was hoping I wouldn't lose any more but I've lost 2 lbs in the last week.

Nancy1
Administrator

Re: When did you stop losing weight

Postby Nancy1 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:13 pm

After I recovered from 8 months of cdiff, it took me 2 years to gain back the 27 pounds I had lost.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:45 am

It took me years to gain back the weight too, but I had a lot of food intolerances and did not eat like I did before. Try to add foods slowly.

Messydre
New User

Postby Messydre » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:55 am

I'm not trying to gain just don't want to lose anymore. It scares me. Did you keep losing during recovery?

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:25 pm

Your body will continue to use its fuel reserves for a long time into recovery.
It needs to repair so throws all its energy into that.
As you recover try to eat healthy high energy food but introduce them slowly.

Messydre
New User

Postby Messydre » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:58 pm

I see. What kind of foods would you recommend? I'm just heading into too thin territory. Looking malnourished isn't something I want.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:13 pm

Everyone is different, but avoid anything spicy. Many, including myself, had trouble with dairy products. I also could not tolerate vetetables well, no raw ones for sure. It seems foods high in fiber were hard for me. I ate baked chicken, baked potatoes or boiled potatoes. I made vegetable soup and pureed it and that seemed to be okay. I was okay with breads and other gluten products, but some people are not. I don't like fish, but fish is good too. I used Rice milk in cereal. You have to see what agrees with you and what doesn't, so try one new thing at a time.

Messydre
New User

Postby Messydre » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:00 pm

Thank you. I have been avoiding dairy. Bread has been fine. I'll try and make a vegetable soup. I'm just so worried. It's always there you know. I want to maintain my weight right now. Butter doesn't hurt my stomach. I haven't tried anything else yet. I'll try more potatoes. It kinda gets boring, same thing over and over but it is what it is for now. Thank you all for responding.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:29 pm

Your VERY early in recovery to be worrying about weight loss.
It will sort itself out but think a few months, not days or weeks.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”