12 weeks out

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Whyme111
Regular User

12 weeks out

Postby Whyme111 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:35 pm

Hi,
I am 12 weeks past my last dose of Vanco and have continued to feel daily improvement. I am highly anxious today though after having d 2x today. I know it could be PI Ibs however I immediately go to it being C-diff coming back. I'm scared to take any anti diarrheal medication. Is 12 weeks a safe amount of time off of meds to possibly be in the clear from C-diff? I never thought I'd have the amount of fear I do after an episode of d.... It's amazing what C-diff can do to a person!

Whyme111
Regular User

Re: 12 weeks out

Postby Whyme111 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:37 pm

Does anybody have any input as to what amount of time, if any, is considered somewhat "safe" from C-diff post meds?

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:02 pm

12 weeks is a good time out and fairly "safe"
What you need to watch out for now is future use of antibiotics.
Your gut flora has shown that its susceptible to the type of damage that allowed c.diff to overgrow so make sure future antibiotics are actually appropriate.
With average luck you have beaten it this time.

Whyme111
Regular User

Postby Whyme111 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:21 pm

Thank you Roy for responding. I will be very cautious going forward with any antibiotics.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”