Relapse?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
greekkc
New User

Relapse?

Postby greekkc » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:12 pm

My original cdiff was Feb 2018, took 10 day Vanco. Have had post infection IBS and lower back/tailbone ache until present. Tested positive again in May 2018 but after consult with GI and lack of symptoms was told I was a carrier and no meds were given. Take Florasor 2x/day and OrthoBiotic 1x/day. Took a ZPac in Sept for root canal. Took Macrobid 2 weeks ago for bladder infection. Started with water diarrhea and loose stools 10/27 through today, maybe 3-5 times per day but some semi-formed. Lower back pain some abdominal cramping. I have GI appointment tomorrow and will re-test. How do I know if this is a relapse if I am a known carrier? Any specific questions I should ask GI? I don't want to start the vanco cycle again if it is not needed, it took months to get gut flora good again. Would Vanco 10 day be first course again or taper this time due to past history?

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”