Zoloft okay to take after C diff??

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Silviaxo
Regular User

Zoloft okay to take after C diff??

Postby Silviaxo » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:37 pm

I have developed severe OCD after testing positive for C diff and I have been prescribed zoloft I am terrified to take it because of it possibly giving me diarrhea which is a big fear of mine after having c diff. Has anyone took zoloft and was OK? Is this a ok drug to take?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Zoloft okay to take after C diff??

Postby NanciT » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:21 pm

I have not heard of any issues with anti depressants. We have had MANY posters on them or GO on them Post CDIFF. You are not alone!

They are important medications, try this one and if you have issues speak with your MD about other options. There are several out there

Wishing you the best

NanciT

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:01 am

The most common side effects of Zoloft are nausea or upset stomach, diarrhea.There are other drugs that do the same thing as Zoloft with less GI side effects.

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Postby AllisS » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:56 am

MANY antidepressants cause GI issues, including D and nausea. Sometimes the symptoms resolve; other times, they linger.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”