Relapse???

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
cake918
Regular User

Relapse???

Postby cake918 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:52 pm

Long story short... cdiff diagnosis after three months with it in December 2016, two rounds of vanco. Cleared. Diagnosed with PI IBS, had IBS D before cdiff. Fast forward 6 months. Strep. Zpack with vanco as preventive measure. I’m five weeks out from vanco. I’ve bern taking 2 florastor two times daily with Align every other day. Over the last week I’ve been really gassy, some cramping, and nausea. BM are at 2-3 a day (most always in the AM) soft but formed. My anxiety has been through the roof so I know that’s not helping. My GI doc said she doesn’t think it’s cdiff since I’m not having B, M or watery D. Only had M with initial cdiff.
IBS or cdiff?? Should I ask for testing? Thoughts?

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Re: Relapse???

Postby Lid49 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:30 pm

If you still not fill well go and test, like that you will know yore sure.
Lidia.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Relapse???

Postby beth22 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:03 pm

I agree. If symptoms continue, then I would test.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”