Post C Diff 7 months symptoms. Help!

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
dallase1
New User

Post C Diff 7 months symptoms. Help!

Postby dallase1 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:09 am

It has been 7 months since I’ve tested negative. I had horrible reactions to all the treatments - Flagyl, Vancomycin, and the worst was the FMT. I have somewhat gone back to normal but still have a lack of appetite, stomach issues, dyspepsia, and just general food intolerances. Is this normal? Does anyone experience a lot of dizziness? I started getting dizzy on Vancomycin and haven’t regained a completely normal state since.

Whyme111
Regular User

Re: Post C Diff 7 months symptoms. Help!

Postby Whyme111 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:09 pm

I'm newer to this and currently in "recovery". My stomach is so sensitive now. Some days are really good and others horrible. I do get nauseaus at times still and I'm tired more days than not. For me, it's tough to know if it's recovery or headed towards relapse. What was it that cured you? Why was the FMT the worst?

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:26 pm

I think you have to go back to the doctor, food intolerance it may be becose dysbiosis, dyspepsia the same.i have no clue about dizines.
Lidia

dallase1
New User

Postby dallase1 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:14 pm

Whyme111 wrote:
> I'm newer to this and currently in "recovery". My stomach is so
> sensitive now. Some days are really good and others horrible. I do get
> nauseaus at times still and I'm tired more days than not. For me, it's
> tough to know if it's recovery or headed towards relapse. What was it that
> cured you? Why was the FMT the worst?

Well the FMT cured me, but I had a bad reaction to it. I think my body basically rejected it and attacked the bacteria. Have had weird bowel issues ever since. Takes forever to get normal.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:55 pm

You had a LOT of treatment that was based on test results only and not on classic c.diff symptoms.
The symptoms you describe now seem to be the same as the symptoms you described in your earlier posts.
Perhaps that indicates that c.diff is/was not the problem, or at least not the only problem.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”