Post c-diff mucus in stool

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Maboys4
Brand New Poster

Post c-diff mucus in stool

Postby Maboys4 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:40 pm

developed c-diff beginning of July. had to go through two rounds of Flagyl and one round of vanco. it's been two weeks now since I finished my antibiotics I was having a lot of mixed formed and loose stool and I'm having more forms stool now after removing most roughage and fruits out of my diet, sticking with Breads and potatoes and other soluable fibers. but I'm still having some mucus in the morning and it's kind of has that c-diff smell. I ask my GI doctor he said that my bowels are going to take weeks to be healed and as long as I have formed stool I don't have c-diff. has other people noticed having mucus and still having that foul-smelling c-diff smell in their stools after they finish their antibiotics and are supposedly healing?
Kathy

Ajs
Regular Contributor

Re: Post c-diff mucus in stool

Postby Ajs » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Yes! I noticed the foul smell for a while. It’s staring to improve. (I’m almost 3 weeks post FMT). Also, the M is also becoming less, but it’s still there. I’ve read enough on here to feel confident that it’s normal recovery symptoms. My biggest improvement is how I feel overall. I feel so much better than I did during active cdiff. Energy levels are improving tremendously! Brain fog/dizziness also improving tremendously! I’m starting to feel much more like my pre-cdiff self. Of course I’m still trying to figure out what I can eat. Dealing with indigestion, minor stomach cramps, etc. But it doesn’t feel anything like the cdiff did. Stools are soft, but formed. Again, the foul smell that I associated with cdiff is almost gone, but I still catch a whiff every now and again. I hope this helps!

StephanM
New User

Postby StephanM » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:52 am

Sorry you have to deal with this concern. Do you keep a journal of what foods you been eating regularly? I know some people with weaker digestive systems struggle with certain foods. My mom would take flax seeds and soak it in hot water every morning, this would form a sort of gel on top which is really good for you. She ate this regularly for breakfast and it went a long way to help her get finally some control.
Your doctor is right, it is going to take some time for your GI track to return to fully operation condition. Like your mentioned the stool is formed so that is a positive sign! Work with what foods your body can handle.

Cm1619
Regular Contributor

Postby Cm1619 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:55 am

Hi Kathy. I had mucous in my stools on and off for months after being cured. It even had the c diff smell, just not as strong. Slowly the episodes slowed down and I rarely have mucous these days but it’s still happened here and there with bad IBS-D days.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:05 am

Kathy, just as your dr told you mucous by itself is a sign of irritation and not c diff. As long as you are having formed stools you are in recovery. It sounds as though you are doing really well, in fact, much better than my recovery went so just give yourself time.
Best wishes,
Rita

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”