Concerned & Confused

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Concerned & Confused

Postby beth22 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:31 pm

I did not do well with almond milk or lactaid, but rice milk was ok and I still use it in my cereal.

Astuibs
New User

Postby Astuibs » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:43 pm

Thank you, I will definately try the rice milk. Today is day 3 back on Vancomycin. My D has gotten better and I had two not completely normal, but more formed bm's yesterday. I'm really thankful for that. Still having some gurgling & gas, but putting my hot pack across my belly is helping. Staying with a bland diet and very hopeful after this round of Vanco I will get rid of C-Diff for good.
Thank you all!

Astuibs
New User

Postby Astuibs » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:38 pm

I haven't posted in a while, but continue to use this site for the great resources. I just finished my 2nd round of 14-days of Vanco. I struggled throughout the 14 days with significant nausea & fatigue and some headaches but I managed to finish the course. I did use the Sea Bands this time around, and they did help some. (Thank you Nanci) The C-Diff symptoms of Diarrhea definitely improved, with only 1-2 bm's a day and more formed. I had a scare mid way through with some bloody stools and increased mucus, but the blood subsided the next day and m a few days later.
I feel overall better, but at only 2 days out from Vanco, still apprehensive....
I had a slightly elevated SGPT/ALT liver test, but my GI just said to have it checked in a month.
I did stop my Aciphex cold Turkey, I know that was kinda crazy. I had a few really bad days of heartburn, but fought through it and now only take tums when it gets bad. I'm determined not to take the Aciphex ever again, I don't want to ever increase my chances of getting C-Diff again.
I started drinking a little Kefir yesterday and today but I'm taking baby steps so it won't cause any stomach issues. I continue to eat bland, but added Chicken, Salmon and Turkey. Today I made scrambled egg white and turkey sausage with a little cheddar cheese pizza (no sauce, only a little olive oil) on gluten free pizza crust. It seemed to go okay. I'm afraid to push things too much.
I'm praying so hard that this round of Vanco did the trick and I don't relapse ever again. Thank you for this great site, it has been a source of comfort and information during the past 3 miserable months. Here's hoping for better days ahead!

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”