Withdrawing from pain meds having yellowish diarrhea

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Soimez
Contributor

Withdrawing from pain meds having yellowish diarrhea

Postby Soimez » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:42 am

Hi everyone Ive finally quit my pain meds which were percocets and I was in them for about 1yr and pretty much quit them cold turkey.. yesterday which was day 2 and today day 3 I’ve been having diarrhea and when I whip it has that golden tinge to it and maybe some mucus not really that foul c diff smell, my question is can me quitting them make me relapses and does normal diarrhea have a yellow tinge?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Withdrawing from pain meds having yellowish diarrhea

Postby NanciT » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:26 pm

It would probably be best to call your physician. They should be able to guide you through the medication withdrawal. If not, I am sure they can refer you to one, it's best to have someone help you with this. I know nothing about this but think it's always good to get medical guidance

WIshing you the best

NanciT

Soimez
Contributor

Postby Soimez » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:36 pm

Hi NanciT thanks for the response!!

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:53 am

Do not presume that the yellow it's related only with Cdiff .I have read post on many IBS-D sites and most people with severe IBS were complaining that their stool and also the M is yellow. Yellow is a color your stool becomes during its time in your gut, if it doesn't have enough time in there the bacteria don't get a chance to change it to the normal brown color. It can even happen if it's not loose.And yes ,withdrawing from meds that have as a common side effect the constipation ,will affect your transit.As Nanci said , you should definitely ask your doctor to help you with withdrawal.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”