2 years cdiff free now I have to go on antibiotics

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Soimez
Contributor

2 years cdiff free now I have to go on antibiotics

Postby Soimez » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:55 pm

Hi everyone stressed out about having to take a course of antibiotic.. I was prescribed Keflex 500 mg for a bad stye does anyone know if this antibiotic will cause me to relapse?? Pls help!!

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: 2 years cdiff free now I have to go on antibiotics

Postby NanciT » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:28 pm

Sorry you are going through this. Did you explain to the MD about your history? There are several antibiotics out there are some are "safer" than others. I say that with caution. Please know that not everyone relapses!! I understand the fear!

We have a list under CDI, Keflex is one of the less..."safe" antibiotics. I DID take Keflex when I had a UTI and it was the only one culture that would work. I took my probiotics and timed everything out and I was fine.

Wishing you the best with it!

PS I had a bad eye infection about 6 months ago. I reviewed all this with the ophthalmologist and was given an erythromycin eye ointment which ended up working well.

Soimez
Contributor

Postby Soimez » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:55 pm

Hi NanciT thanks for the response he did give me vanco to take with it not sure if that a good idea or not.. I went to an eye doctor for a second option and he said we can try hot compress first then if that doesn’t work maybe try antibiotics. It’s a bery deep stye..

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:58 pm

I was wondering the same.
Why has the Dr prescribed a broad spectrum systemic oral antibiotic for a local eye infection?
If it's a simple stye I think I would try the eye Drs suggestion and ask about eye ointment if treatment is needed.

Soimez
Contributor

Postby Soimez » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:39 pm

Hi Roy it’s a very deep stye and my top eyelid is very swollen he’s worried about the infection spreading but he is the same doctor that prescribe me clindymicin for an in grown hair on my waist line which brought on my intital Cdiff infection...

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:31 pm

Sent you a PM

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”