cystoscopy

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
AnxiousJ
Regular Contributor

cystoscopy

Postby AnxiousJ » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:58 am

I had a urine culture done about 2 weeks ago because I had some lower back pain. Everything came back clear but it did show that I had moderate to high amounts of microscopic hematuria. It was 6-10 & normal is considered 0-2. I have had this before post c diff and my father has had microscopic blood in his urine for over 35 yrs. He gets checked 3 times a year and this is just something he seems to have. My urologist wants to do a cystoscopy in a couple of weeks but they will give me one dose of antibiotic after the procedure. The nurse believes it is Bactrim. I of course will continue my Florastor and add another daily and I will take 2 Bio K Plus a day before and after. How big of a risk would one Bactrim be if I also take the probiotics?

Roxanne
Regular User

Re: cystoscopy

Postby Roxanne » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:26 pm

Every blooming time I have a cath in, I get a bladder infection, then C-Diff

I had blood in my urine and due to the C-Diff, the Dr retested VS a cystoscopy on me 2 or 3 months later and all was fine.

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Re: cystoscopy

Postby AllisS » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:49 am

I had cystoscopy for microscopic hematuria a few years ago. No antibiotic was given, though the possibility of it may have been raised. You should ask if it's really necessary or just "preventive." If latter, you may want to decline it.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”