Constipation

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
lila30
Contributor

Constipation

Postby lila30 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:03 pm

hey all,

so I made a new discussion because the other one was getting full. so I had a little scare about 1 week and a half ago with having the urge to go every 15 minutes and with mucus in my stool. but since then I have not had another BM. today makes 10 days I haven't gone. so I pushed myself really really hard to go today and a tiny tiny bit came out with blood. I'm really praying the blood is just from a hemroid from pushing to hard. my doctor ordered stool samples from me but I can't even go. I had blood in my urine earlier this week but haven't since. does anyone know what I can eat or drink that will make me go? I've been eating high fiber oatmeal cookies. I don't want to take any over the counter meds. I would like to stick with food.

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Re: Constipation

Postby AllisS » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:05 am

I think you need to see a doctor if you haven't gone for ten days; otherwise you could end up with impacted stool, and nothing that you eat or any medication that you might take will help with that.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:11 am

Try prunes BUT I would get to a doc asap. Water is helpful so drink 8 glasses a day.

You do not want an impacted bowel. Again, see a doc.

lila30
Contributor

Postby lila30 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:32 am

what does impacted stool mean?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:06 am

10 days is a long time to not go. I would call your doctor right away and ask for instructions on what to do.

lila30
Contributor

Postby lila30 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:32 am

I have an appointment already this coming Tuesday. I have an ultra sound scheduled. I had it scheduled already before the constipation started. I'm just scared to take any over the counter medicine because I don't want to relapse. would laxative cause a relapse or anything medicated to help me go? I went a little tiny bit tonight and it was super hard with blood in it. sorry if it's tmi.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:11 am

Listen to the advice and go to ER today, dont wait untill Tuesday.
Impacted stool is when it goes hard inside you and becomes too big to pass.
A hospital can easily deal with it but left alone it can cause serious problems.

lila30
Contributor

Postby lila30 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:06 pm

can I take magnesium?

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Postby AllisS » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:45 pm

Take nothing! You don't seem to understand that you're already in a problematic situation that's gone beyond being addressed by usual measures and is highly unlikely to do anything but worsen if you try to "treat" it yourself. If you're unwilling to go to the ER I predict it's only going to get worse.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:03 pm

Do not take anything without a Drs advice.
Like Allis said, you could make thing worse and end up in agony.
I doubt if this is c.diff related but you need to get medical advice today.
It might cause heamaroids the size of asteroids!
Jokes aside........See a Dr today

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”