GI Appt Updt

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Whyme111
Regular User

GI Appt Updt

Postby Whyme111 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:48 pm

Hi,
I went to my GI and found that my results are still showing pos for CDiff however he did say that it is to be expected since I was only a wk out from taking my med. (my GP ordered the test) At this time the GI isn't going to treat the CDiff due to my symptoms not being severe. The D has stopped as well as frequency and urgency. I am feeling better since being told my body was also fighting Salmonella a week ago. I didn't take meds for that which I'm happy about. My Dr. advised me to continue doing what I'm doing regarding taking Oregano, Turmeric and my probiotics. If my symptoms get severe I will be looking at possible FMT, using my own donor. The one question I have is, I understand my body could still be expelling CDiff; could that be a possible reason I have excess M at times? I also find myself being more constipated recently. This infection and experience is unpredictable to say the least!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: GI Appt Updt

Postby beth22 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:50 am

I have been told that M is from inflammation. I get M when I am C usually, so maybe it is when the harder stool passes through the intestine that causes it. Not sure, but it goes away. I would not worry. If you start getting a LOT of M, let your doctor know as that could be a sign of relapse, but if it is just mixed in with the stool, I would not worry.

Whyme111
Regular User

Postby Whyme111 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:57 pm

Hi Beth22, I appreciate all of your feedback.
This is all so confusing; everyday can be so different with this infection. I do believe it's still there however I'm managing the symptoms. I guess at this point I'm trying to consider what is better overall. For instance, today my stool was solid, minimal m however I'm exhausted and feel a bit nauseaus, with lack of motivation. I know it won't be perfect but the lack of energy at times after working a few hrs is way different from how I used to be. Is FMT (with my own donor) an option that could possibly take it all a way and speed this recovery up or could it actually make it even worse? I'm just asking opinions and from your experience.

Ajs
Regular Contributor

Postby Ajs » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:05 pm

Whyme111, I also suffer from the extreme fatigue and exhaustion. It’s been my worst symptom in dealing with cdiff. I had FMT via colonoscopy exactly one week ago. I will tell you my experience so far. The first couple days I was really exhausted, and just felt unwell with cold/flu like symptoms. After that my exhaustion seemed to be less and less. I build custom cabinetry for a living. It can be exhausting in itself. I have noticed that I can start my day a little earlier and have been able to work a little later. Keep in mind it’s only been one week. It’s really too early for me to say I’m out of the woods, but so far it’s been a SLOW improvement. Definitely not over night. I’m still having the IBS symptoms, and haven’t noticed much of an improvement there yet. Indigestion after eating anything, and still have a dull ache/burning sensation in my lower right side. I wouldn’t make any big decisions based on my account just yet, but maybe in a few weeks I’ll have an even better report to give. Hope you continue to get better and better.

Whyme111
Regular User

Postby Whyme111 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:02 am

Thank you for your response Ajs. I'm happy to hear you're noticing some improvement. If you can keep us updated, that would be awesome. The success stories are appreciated! It is so tough because for me, it is different day to day but a lot has to do with what I'm choosing to eat on certain days as well as I recently just got over Salmonella too! Ugh!! Talk about double whammy. This site does help tremendously though.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:04 am

I am a month out since the FMT and i am still experiencing all those symptoms that Ajs posted.Still struggling every day with undigested food (despite low fodmap diet that is actually more restrictive then it supposed to be) , bloating , nausea , extreme fatigue , flu-like symptoms (worse in the morning ) , stomach churning and rumbling after meals. The only improvement i have noticed since i started the low fodmap diet was that the D stopped , stool has a bit of shape although is still not normal , frequency reduced.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:50 am

FMT is not a magic cure, at least it wasn't for me. I had many food intolerances afterwards and found I had a bad case of SIBO. I had been on many rounds of vanco and that pretty much wreaked havoc on my GI system. You have to give it time. But, I would not get FMT unless you have c difficile. If you continue to have symptoms, you might want to talk to your doctor about checking for SIBO. You get that after other infections and you have had two - salmonella and c diff. I think even the salmonella can take a while to clear.

Whyme111
Regular User

Postby Whyme111 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:19 am

Thank you for the input. I will give it time and allow my body to regain more of what it lost. I really don't want to do anymore unless it's absolutely necessary however there are days I'm down because I remember how it was to feel so good and now it's so hit and miss, plus I love food and it's a real bummer that I'm now anxious to eat. I know it will get better... Eventually.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”