Day 2 Post FMT

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Ajs
Regular Contributor

Day 2 Post FMT

Postby Ajs » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:42 am

I just wanted to give a quick update since my FMT. I feel like I have did pretty well as far as side effects go. I have noticed some added congestion, sinus pressure, and seem to be sneezing quite a lot since the procedure. I have also felt really tired most of the time. So far my diet has consisted of chicken, rice, mashed potatoes, plain gluten-free oatmeal with organic applesauce added. Not counting the two or three trips to the bathroom the evening after FMT, I had my first BM this morning. No D. I know this is pretty early to be giving an update, but maybe it will help someone else in someway who may be about to embark on the FMT adventure. If symptoms do not change, I will probably give it a week or two before I update again (although I may post a question here and there). Thank U all for the support from this page! The only real education I have had regarding Cdiff!

roy
Administrator

Re: Day 2 Post FMT

Postby roy » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:23 pm

Remember one important rule!
NEVER test to see if its gone!

Good luck:-)

Ajs
Regular Contributor

Postby Ajs » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:36 pm

Thanks Roy. That’s probably the hardest part of this. We’d all love a way to know for sure that it’s gone, but I guess that’s not how this disease works. The other is not knowing what to eat. I’m sitting here hungry right now, but I’m afraid to try anything, and I am just so sick and tired of d@&n chicken! Ha ha. I want to eat foods that will encourage the new bacteria to grow also. Hopefully with time things will come together and I can get back to a less restricted diet.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:15 pm

There is also fish and turkey, baked potato, rice. I did fine with Rice Krispies and rice milk. Whatever you add, just try one new food at a time. Testing doesn't really tell you much. I tested negative for years, but when I had to take antibiotics, tested positive on PCR. Still test positive on PCR, but negative on EIA = no active infection and I don't treat. Glad you are doing well so far. Keep us posted.

Ajs
Regular Contributor

Postby Ajs » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:34 pm

I will definitely try the Rice Krispies! I wonder if Almond milk would work. Also, I seem to do good with Salmon. Also, I have been meaning to ask on here, what about sandwich meat? I seem to do OK on gluten free bread. My biggest concern is the fact that I have read that 40% of the meat you buy can contain Cdiff.

So let’s say I end up with D and have to get tested. Should I insist on EIA along with the PCR? The last two times I was only given the PCR test.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:32 am

If your PCR is positive, they do an EIA. Salmon is good. I eat a turkey sandwich almost every day for lunch and have no problems. I think the cold cuts they are referring to are things like salami, bologna, ham mainly. I don't buy roast beef at the deli because it is always half raw, but if I eat out I eat French dip sandwiches or other types of beef sandwiches where the meat is cooked all the way through. Almond milk should be fine too.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:56 am

Salmon is great baked in the oven or grilled , there is also Sea bass, is a great fish , you can either grill it or steam it along with a carrot , a potato and a few green beans and you may tolerate fine.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”