Husband over flowed the toilet onto the floor!!!!

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Silviaxo
Regular User

Husband over flowed the toilet onto the floor!!!!

Postby Silviaxo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:05 am

I'm so mad and paranoid!!!! My husband used the bathroom (pee) and when he flushed the toilet the toilet over flood and the water went on the floor!!!! He wiped it up with napkins and then I sprayed some (711) cheap bleach on top of it and threw a shirt on top (because its 11pm and I'm exhausted) I will clean up the bleach tomorrow!! Do you think we will be okay?! I'm so upset to the point of crying I have 2 small kids and well one of them uses that bathroom and I'm so scared now for him to step in the bathroom.. do you think its okay or what would you do?!?!

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Re: Husband over flowed the toilet onto the floor!!!!

Postby AllisS » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:37 am

Well, bleach is bleach; wouldn't matter if you paid more or less for it. And yes, I think it'll be OK.

I'm wondering if you've explored my suggestion, from an earlier response that I posted, that you try to find a therapist for your anxiety. Anxiety is your main problem now, IMO. I have it as well, so I sympathize. But it'll take over your entire life if it's not addressed.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:27 am

One question!
WHY did you throw a shirt on top?

You had D for only one day so despite having a positive test it's very doubtful that you had the disease caused by c.diff.
Allis has made a good suggestion about seeking help for anxiety.

Silviaxo
Regular User

Postby Silviaxo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:15 pm

I threw a shirt over it so my husband wouldn't step on it. He was going to take a shower.. and I had a positive result but symptoms went away.. thank God and Jesus.. but I was real worried do you think spores are all over the place now?? Or just that spot on the floor?? I know I need to seek help for my anxiety and worries..

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:28 pm

That's probably the cleanest spot in your home now!
Bleach does not take hostages, it kills everything.
Spores are not airborne so theres minimal risk, theres also hundreds of other types of bacteria in the toilet and none are a problem if they are bleached!
If your husband was awake enough to take a shower he should have cleared up the mess!

Silviaxo
Regular User

Postby Silviaxo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:38 pm

I actually dont trust him to do it!! I feel like it will be dirty still and he won't wash his hands good then he will contaminate everything.. these are just my thoughts. I sent him this morning to get gloves and some Clorox plus bleach spray that I always use.. so I can clean it up some more.

Silviaxo
Regular User

Postby Silviaxo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:42 pm

Is the Clorox plus bleach spray ok?? I like using that one since it's already mixed I don't like to do the mixing in a bottle myself I tend to mess it up.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:50 pm

The cheap 711 bleach is probably a LOT better than the bleach spray.
Normal Clorox spray that's sold as a household cleaner "probably" kills c.diff but has not been tested, "plus" in the name means nothing, it's a sales pitch.
Bleach is bleach no matter what it costs, the higher price one is only brand marketing.
Good old fashioned basic bleach kills c.diff.
ANYTHING more expensive is relying on its content of cheap basic bleach to do the job.

Silviaxo
Regular User

Postby Silviaxo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:10 pm

So I just cleaned my whole bathroom with Clorox plus bleach!! Do you think okay?! My toilet over flooded again!! I have kids would you think it's safe for them to walk in there and use the bathroom?!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:40 pm

I have used the Clorox with bleach. The smell was pretty strong, so I assume it has a good amount of bleach. You could always mix up your own - one part bleach to 9 parts water and go over the areas one more time to make sure.

Silviaxo
Regular User

Postby Silviaxo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:31 pm

What do you mean 9 parts water 1 part bleach I dont know how to do that please explain details lol and my kids and husband has already been in the bathroom and so have I after I used the Clorox plus bleach spray. (I drowned the floor and let it sit like 15 or more minutes) it bleached my husbands shirt instantly so imassuming it is doing its job correct??

Silviaxo
Regular User

Postby Silviaxo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:58 am

Never mind I understand now.. but now I'm freaking out thinking it's too late everyone has went to the bathroom even my son with bare feet. I just used the clorox plus bleach to clean my floor. I literally flooded the floor with the spray and waited 15 or more minutes to mop it up.. I pray its okay..

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:57 am

I'm sure it's fine. I used it myself. Don't worry. I'm sure the product has enough bleach in it. Your kids don't lick the floor anyway. Remember it is oral - fecal route that gets you sick. Tell everyone to always wash their hands after using the toilet. Kids sometimes forget.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”