C Section Scheduled & Scared of C Diff Relapse

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Kelibug
New User

C Section Scheduled & Scared of C Diff Relapse

Postby Kelibug » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:37 pm

I had C Diff November and December of 2016. I failed 2 rounds of Flagyl and then took one round of Vanco which did the trick. I still suffered with IBS until August of 2017. Since then my bowel/gut health has been like it was pre- C Diff. I am expecting our first child in 4 days via C Section, and my OB is giving me 2 grams of Ancef right before the surgery. I am beyond terrified of C Diff flaring back up again! I still take Florastor and drink kefir. Has anyone had a C Section, or any surgery, and been given Ancef without relapsing or getting a new infection? I just want to enjoy the birth of my new baby without C Diff looming over my head!

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: C Section Scheduled & Scared of C Diff Relapse

Postby NanciT » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:31 pm

The best info I can give is contact your GI and have him work with your OB on this. Together they can come up with a plan for you, the two physicians can discuss which antibiotics to use and any other treatment they feel is necessary.
It's been awhile since you have had CDIFF, get these doctors working together to support you.

Wishing you the BEST with the C Section and the birth of your new little one!!

NanciT

SBrash
Brand New Poster

Postby SBrash » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:40 pm

Just wondering how you fared post-surgery? Did the C diff recur? Congrats on the birth of your baby!

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:02 am

SBrash check out the date of the post . This is an old post , and the poster might not be active on the site.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”