Relapse

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Medena
Contributor

Relapse

Postby Medena » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:05 pm

Hi everyone
Back again after 7 months of negative.
Reason? Steroid eye drops and NSAID pain killers.
No other changes I've done.
Lovely.
This hell seems to have no ending.
Very hard to be positive now.

lila30
Contributor

Re: Relapse

Postby lila30 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:00 am

After 7 months? You would think that it wouldn't come back after that long. I'm sorry to hear that. Did the doctor say it was for sure from eye drops and NSAID pain killers?

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:23 am

I'm so sorry Medena. Were you tested because you had frequent bouts of D?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:20 am

Was it a positive PCR? Nowadays they usually follow up positive PCR with an EIA to make sure it is an active infection. What was the recommended treatment for you?

MKW
Regular Contributor

Postby MKW » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:58 am

So sorry you are going through this... I have read several posters on here over time that are younger and basically healthy state they have no known reason they acquired c Diff. True community acquired cases with no recent antibiotic use or known risk factors.
My current doctor states there has to be something wrong with a person if they develop c Diff even if it is unknown (I hate this guy and am getting ready to change doctors). I tell him to my knowledge I was perfectly healthy, rarely even caught a cold, until I took Clindamycin for an inflamed gum around one tooth after a dental check up.
I beli be there is much that remains unknown about c Diff.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”