can Tylenol cause relapse???

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
lila30
Contributor

can Tylenol cause relapse???

Postby lila30 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:40 pm

hello all, I'm 2 1/2 weeks out from treatment and I've been getting really really bad headaches and muscle aches in my legs. I'm trying to let the headache go away on its own but it hurts and I can't take the pain anymore. I want to take regular Tylenol but I'm scared it might give me stomach issues and cause me to relapse. has anyone heard of such thing?

Kuro
Contributor

Re: can Tylenol cause relapse???

Postby Kuro » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:31 pm

As far as I know, neither Tylenol nor Advil are linked to relapses, so you would probably be fine taking either one.

Usually, the medications you want to watch out for are antibiotics especially, as well as proton pump inhibitors (PPIs).

Hope your headache breaks soon! I had terrible migraines when I was younger, myself. If it persists, don't hesitate to talk to your doctor.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:43 pm

Tylenol and Advil have not been linked to relapses, but any pain medication can upset your stomach. Tylenol much less than others.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:47 pm

Its probably best to avoid Advil, it can cause GI bleeds.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”