RECOVERY AFTER FLAGYL - ANXIETY

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
andres
New User

RECOVERY AFTER FLAGYL - ANXIETY

Postby andres » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:52 am

Hey Everyone,

So I finished my round of Flagyl and my reaction seems to be good, any visits to the washroom are much better than before my trewatment, but today is my first day without it and I woke up feeling slightly nauseous.

I think it was just because I was running late to work because I very lazy to get out of bed, so I was in a bit of a rush or that I’m just extremely anxious that this will come back. Is that normal?

For any background on my age and transmission it’s below.

“I am a 21 year old man, For the past month and a half I have had an odd discomfort in my abdominal region (lower slightly towards the left side) and then two weeks ago I started having consecutive loose stools for days, waking up feeling absolutely nauseous, white tongue, gas, and no appetite with vomiting if I dare tried to eat to the point where I stopped going to work for a week. I went to the walk in clinic and was told it was probably a stomach flu, or gastroenteritis, so I was prescribed pantoprazole, didn’t help anything. Two days ago after a day or two of more formed stools, I woke up early to strong watery stools, I was taken to the ER and diagnosed with C. difficile. “

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: RECOVERY AFTER FLAGYL - ANXIETY

Postby NanciT » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:10 am

The nausea can continue, it takes time to recover and go slow with your diet. The fear of it returning is common but each day that passes you are closer to recovery. The gut takes time to heal and it is slow to get back to "normal". Often with CDIFF people think it's like any other illness, you take your medicine and are well, I think this promotes the anxiety because it we are all used to that.

I used "Sea Bands" which you can pick up in any drug store to help with nausea, they worked for me and I used them on and off

Take care and I hope you feel better soon

NanciT

andres
New User

Postby andres » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:05 am

Thanks Nancy,

It must have been the first day nerves, I haven’t felt nauseous since.

I’m slowly bringing normal food back into my diet (I was forced to eat fast food today, but the vegan burger they offered digested normally) and mainting a steady stream of probiotics (kiefer, florastor) the only noticeable thing I have is some thrush which I’ve had since the start of this ordeal, but I know people have had it worse with this awful bug, and it just might be my anxiety causing that so I’m counting my blessings!

so lets hope for a good first few weeks of recovery!!

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:22 pm

Trush is common after a course of Flagyl , it will clear now that you are off of it. You can use some bicarbonated water to clean your mouth. Careful with your food choices though , it is very early to eat things like fast food or sweets , high fiber , alcohol , those will trigger IBS and you do not want to cause more irritation to your gut , you want to heal it and the best way to do that is with a bland diet.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”