Feeling defeated and upcoming wedding

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
AnxiousJ
Regular Contributor

Re: Feeling defeated and upcoming wedding

Postby AnxiousJ » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:12 pm

Wonderful news!! Glad you're feeling better!

Sez123**
Regular User

Postby Sez123** » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:34 am

Jenna it’s lovely to hear your test was negative

Time to enjoy your wedding planning /day.

Congratulations in advance

Pls take florastor or anything that has saccharomyses boulardii in it. It’s a great probiotic

Lots of sauerkraut if you tolerate it. The one from the fridge section not the caned stuff cos canned stuff doesn’t have probiotics

Good luck. Lots of bone broth will help your lining heal from the ibs xx

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:14 pm

Congrats on the negative test and your upcoming wedding.
I suffered with severe PI IBS for many years and have taken many medications.
If it continues, you can ask about xifaxan or Enteragam. Both of those have helped me. Imodium is a short term fix for when symptoms occur but those eventually prevent symptoms if they work for you and both worked for me for a long period of time.

Antispasmodics help many and did help me before symptoms got too severe so that is another possibility.
Don’t just suffer if things continue to be tough and not controlled by diet.

Good luck,
Rita

Byrn09
New User

Postby Byrn09 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:49 pm

Congrats on the wedding! I’m so very sorry this is happening to you too! I also am getting married the end of the month so I feel your pain. Never in my life did I think at 26 I’d get this pesky illness but you either need a second opinion or tell your doctor. You have to be the biggest advocate for yourself! If the Vanco didn’t work I’d ask for a taper or dificid. It’s uncommon to go to flashlights after Vanco. If you have any questions reach out :)

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”