HELP!! Please respond about spores ASAP.

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Silviaxo
Regular User

HELP!! Please respond about spores ASAP.

Postby Silviaxo » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:53 pm

Hello I tested positive for c diff very recently but fortunately it's going away on its own. My mother had c diff 1 year ago!! And all her things are in storage she is now moving into a new apt and I'm so scared to visit her!! She had a accident in her bed 1 year ago when she had c diff and im terrified of the spores!! All her things have been in storage with that bed!! If I go see her will I be more exposed?! Im so scared to even go in her apt once she moves. Will I be okay?!

Silviaxo
Regular User

Re: HELP!! Please respond about spores ASAP.

Postby Silviaxo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:51 pm

Anyone?? Lol

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Postby AllisS » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:04 pm

Hi Silviaxo. I assume that after your mother's accident in the bed the linens were either washed or discarded? If so, I don't think you have much to worry about in terms of exposure from either the bed or items that were stored with it.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

DianaLyn
New User

Postby DianaLyn » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:07 pm

I asked the same kind of thing to my very famous gastro, Dr. Colleen Kelly. I didn't want my kids to come visit me! She told me to clean the bathroom once, just once. There are Cdiff spores everywhere and people pass them all the time and don't get it if they have a healthy gut. I read that 50% of all pets carry Cdiff on them. Drink some kefir and your probiotics and stop worrying. You'll move on and life will return to normal with time when you see you are doing fine. Hang in there!

Silviaxo
Regular User

Postby Silviaxo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:55 am

Thank you for your replies!! I guess I just don't go in her room or even sit on that bed!!!! Lol

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:21 am

Do you realise that she might be thinking exactly the same about you if she knows you have a positive test result!

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”