Will this ever end?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Jrditusa
New User

Will this ever end?

Postby Jrditusa » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:31 pm

So I caught cdiff after a hospital visit where they gave me cephlosporins. Went on 14days of Vancomycin and then was better for 40days but still having some D and tested positive...so dr put me on long Vanco taper/pulse where I was doing awesome ..had normal bum and made it to once every three days no problem. Then 6 days later it came back ! I am so depressed right now thinking it will never go away. I am now on dificid taper but cannot help but feel defeated. I am worried about transplant because that is not always a cure all either...and I have my daughters batmitzvah coming up on sept 8. I’m just totally down and feeling weak and defeated. I’ve lost a lot of weight and just don’t feel healthy. Sorry for my pity party.
Last edited by Jrditusa on Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Will this ever end?

Postby NanciT » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:51 pm

Hi and Welcome to the site Please read the first thread for all new posters

Sorry you had to find us! It sounds like you are now on a DIficid taper which has worked for so many on this site including me. I relapsed 5 times and then went on a long Dificid taper( this was in 2014/15) the one's they do now are much shorter and we have so many posters who have done great on this taper. I know it seems endless, I felt the same way and had to wonder if I would ever get rid of it....but I did.

It took awhile for me to feel better but I had been sick a year. Some recover quickly. It is hard when you have a big family event coming up...all I can say is work through it. My son got married while I was on the DIficid taper...it all worked out. I did not feel 100%, but it was a great day

Make sure to watch your diet, give the gut time to rest, take a probiotic if you are not already doing so or speak with your GI about it. Most are on FLoester, I take VSL#3.
Give yourself the time to recover, it can take awhile

Hope you feel better soon

NanciT

Jrditusa
New User

Re: Will this ever end?

Postby Jrditusa » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:01 pm

Thanks you NanciT.. I hate these lows.. I was so encouraged on the vanco taper and I was feeling so well, the relapse just hit so hard...and. No one understands, I mean they feel badly for me but they don’t get the ups and downs and fear. So thank you for your kind reply...gotta pull myself together.. and hope for the best

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”