Sharing beds? Newbie mommy of 2 kids

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Silviaxo
Regular User

Sharing beds? Newbie mommy of 2 kids

Postby Silviaxo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:08 pm

Has anyone shared a bed with someone while being positive for c diff?? I sleep with my 2 year old daughter!! Should i stop or is it okay?? I'm very careful if I end up having diahrea that day i change my clothes.. i also wash my sheets and blanket every other week. Please tell me it's okay??

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Sharing beds? Newbie mommy of 2 kids

Postby georgina » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:34 am

I don't have children but i shared the bed with my husband , actually i shared everything with my husband (even the toilet) and he never got CDiff from me.

Silviaxo
Regular User

Postby Silviaxo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:19 am

Georgina that's good to know thank you for your reply! I'm very stressed out with this. That makes me feel better..

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:26 am

I did the same as Georgina. I shared bed, toilet and everything. However, you should wash your sheets more than every other week. I would do it every week. I have always washed my sheets once a week.

Silviaxo
Regular User

Postby Silviaxo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:30 am

Oh no I didn't know okay I'll start this weekend to wash them every week from now on. I hope that's ok!? And do I need to wash my blanket every week too?? I don't have a washer & dryer I live in a apt complex and I have to walk to my laundry room. So I do laundry once a week but this week I didn't do my bedsheets. Instead i washes my couch cushions lol You think it's okay or is it serious I need to wash them like now?? I'm very careful i wash my hands alot and yesterday I had diarrhea but changed my clothes before I got in bed. And today i have not had any BMs.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:36 am

It is not necessary to wash the blanket, as you have the sheet underneath it. So, unless you sit on top of the blanket a lot in underwear or without, there is no need to do that. But, washing sheets every week even if you don't have c difficile is good, especially if you have allergies. Dust mites collect in bedding and they can give people allergies.

Silviaxo
Regular User

Postby Silviaxo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:41 am

Okay gotcha and no way I do not sleep in only my underwear I wear pajama bottoms and a long shirt so I i have a extra layer to lay on and if I don't have a long shirt I tie a jacket or a long sleeve shirt around my waist for extra layer when I sit on the couch and lay in bed even if I don't have diarrhea that day. Just to be extra safe lol thank you for your reply I appreciate it

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”