Vanco for first time user NEWBIE

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Silviaxo
Regular User

Vanco for first time user NEWBIE

Postby Silviaxo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:44 pm

Hello I am positive for CDIFF my doctor wanted to put me on flagyl but I said I do not want that one because I've seen more people have had success with vanco so she prescribed me vanco. For 2 weeks. Now my question is if my diarrhea stops should i still take the vanco or wait?? I've been having this I think for about a month and yesterday was the only day i had diarrhea I have not gone at all this morning and feel a bit better. What do you guys recommend? Please all responded are welcomed I am a newbie

roy
Administrator

Re: Vanco for first time user NEWBIE

Postby roy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:24 pm

C.diff is diagnosed by symptoms first and then confirmed by a stool test.
If the test is positive but your not having diarrhea an experianced Dr would know that c.diff is not causing a disease. (tests should not be done if you dont have diarrhea).

Silviaxo
Regular User

Postby Silviaxo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:44 pm

Roy. I took the antibiotic clindamycin and im still not the same after 1 month of stopping it. Yesterday I did have diarrhea 5x I feel better today I can't eat certain things anymore. And I did a stool test it was positive for toxin b I believe.. And she prescribed me vanco. Should I hold off on it and see how I do? If I have diarrhea again maybe I should do the vanco. I'm very new to this any tips are welcomed thank you!!

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:22 pm

Only you can decide if you need to take the meds.
I know that I would not be commiting to taking 14 days of vanco because of 1 day of diarrhea that has now resolved itself.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:30 am

Treatment is not to be taken if symptoms are not present , you do not treat a positive test , you treat symptoms+positive test. However , you should fill in the prescription for just in case. If things go south you jump straight on meds.

Silviaxo
Regular User

Postby Silviaxo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:21 am

Thank you yes I will pick up the vanco just incase!! But so far so good yesterday was my only time with diarrhea and this whole day I have not gone 1 time!! So I will keep an eye on it. Forsure if I keep getting diarrhea I will start meds. Thank you

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”