Swimming Pool

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
greekkc
New User

Swimming Pool

Postby greekkc » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:29 am

I finished vanco treatment several months ago for my first and hopefully last c-diff infection and have been symptom free other than what seems to be post infectious IBS-D. Is it safe to go swimming in a pool? What about the ocean? I do not want to do anything that could trigger a relapse.

alli21
Brand New Poster

Re: Swimming Pool

Postby alli21 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:44 am

Hello Friend,

My son is 10 years old and he is suffering with Chicken Pox. He wants to go in pool but I am not allowing him to go into the pool. Is it safe for him to go into the pool? Please help me with this.

Thanks

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:29 pm

This is a forum for people who suffer with c difficile and we can't really give you medical advice. Call the pediatrician and ask if it is safe to go swimming or if you have to wait.

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Postby AllisS » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:27 pm

greekkc, pools may carry some slight risk, but probably not enough to curtail your swimming activity, especially since presumably the pool is treated with chlorine. Ocean should be relatively risk-free, though keep an eye out for sharks! :)
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

lila30
Contributor

Postby lila30 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:26 pm

One month after Vanco treatment I went to a water park and I didn't relapse from it.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:21 am

Geekkc's post is from July. I was answering the post about the chicken pox. You need to check with the pediatrician about that.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”