C Diff treatment and cystic acne

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Whyme111
Regular User

C Diff treatment and cystic acne

Postby Whyme111 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:13 pm

Hi,
In the past few weeks since tapering on vanco, I have had acne again. Not just a couple of pimples but cystic, swollen acne in various spots on my face. It seems one clears up and another starts to form. I'm on 1 pill a day of vanco and I'm taking Vsl 3 two times a day and S. Boulardii two times a day. I haven't completely cut sugar out, so maybe related partly to my diet however I'm not eating sugar constantly. Has anybody else experienced symptoms like this? The whole body seems out of whack!
Thanks!

OCmama
Regular Contributor

Re: C Diff treatment and cystic acne

Postby OCmama » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:13 am

I experienced horrible cystic acne following C. diff. I use retin A now and it has helped, I also don’t eat dairy; I have a lot of scarring from it :-/

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:47 am

I am no expert but ask your Dr if it could be skin yeast related.
Google images of facial/beard ringworm. (not a worm).
A lot of Drs, mine included, miss it and give inappropriate antibiotic treatment.

Whyme111
Regular User

Postby Whyme111 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:32 pm

Thank you for the responses. I am going to schedule an appt with my dermatologist soon to discuss this. I've had cystic acne at times in the past due to hormones however I haven't had a problem in a while. He prescribed ointment that was effective however I don't want to use anything, even topical antibiotics at this point. Lately I feel if it's not my intestines giving me grief, it's now other parts of the body. This is all so confusing at times. Trial and error from food to medicine. It's tough to find that perfect regimen, then again, what's perfect?! I just want comfort at this point. :)

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:16 pm

Make sure you don't use anything with Clindamycin in it, even topically. Topical application of Cleocin gave me D. I think whenever one has a major infection, it runs your system down and your immunity. I once got this breakout of acne like pustules on my scalp after I had an upper respiratory infection and had been on antibiotics. This was way before c diff. I did use something topically and it went away. I think it probably would have gone away without treatment. I also lost a lot of hair. I would also check your vitamin levels.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:31 pm

I use athletes foot cream on my face when it flares.
Works wonders.
In my case the yeast overgrowth degrades the skin and bacteria takes advantage.
Dr wanted to use months of antibiotics but I refused.
Treating for yeast let my skin recover and nature keeps the bacteria in check.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”