Worried

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Sharonls
Brand New Poster

Worried

Postby Sharonls » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:42 am

Hi everyone,
I was a member 3 years ago but couldn’t get back in so I had to started anew.
Can’t say I am happy to be here.
I had a severe case. 2 years of doing all the typical antibiotics. Always relapsed. At that time I had to go to Florida for a ft with dr. S. Nobody did it here in upstate ny dr b in ny was in clinical trials. It worked for the most part never returned entirely to normal. I had to have an upper eye lift and had to apply erythromycin for 8 weeks on both eyes. Then I had some little nose sore and put neosporin on it for a week. Now I have diarrhea 3- times a day sometimes barely able to make it to bathroom. Going on for a month every day and gettin worse. I have an appt with new gastro on the 9. I don’t think I should wait. I am terrified do you guys think it’s a relapse?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Worried

Postby NanciT » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:30 pm

It's always best to follow with your GI, maybe try to move the appt up? ERYC eye cream seems unlikely. I had an eye infection 4 weeks ago and had to use the same ERYC cream. I used it for a week and no issues so far. I have used neosporin on and off with no issues.
If D continues, I would ask for a test and possibly have that before the appt.

Hopefully it will be negative, feel better soon

NanciT

Kuro
Contributor

Postby Kuro » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:57 pm

From what I have read here, Neosporin seems to be pretty safe even for us. I wouldn't beat yourself up over using it. Nanci knows better than I about the erithromycin cream!

Agree that you should call the GI's office and see if you can test in advance, or if they can move your appointment up if your symptoms are worsening. Get on their cancellations list, at the least. You could also try to get a test order from your GP. An urgent care clinic or the ER are also options.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:12 am

I have used neosporin and mupirocin topically with no problems. I also used the erythromycin eye cream and I had no issues either.

Sharonls
Brand New Poster

Postby Sharonls » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:26 am

Thanks everyone. I called my gp and he ordered a cdiff test and some blood work. One thing I did forget to mention is my girlfriend was having issues and I took her to the doctors. It ended up to be cdiff!

Sharonls
Brand New Poster

Postby Sharonls » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:21 am

My go ran a pcr test. I turned it in yesterday at 1030 am at lab alliance. How long does it take to get results?
I am for finding minutes to 48 hours.

Sharonls
Brand New Poster

Postby Sharonls » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:12 am

I haven’t received any results yet. I have to hope it is negative?? I hate the anxiousness that this causes.

Mindy
Regular User

Postby Mindy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:32 pm

Results?

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”