What do we think about penicillin ?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
mach1320
Contributor

What do we think about penicillin ?

Postby mach1320 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:56 am

Bicillin specifically, I’m now in my late 20’s interested in knocking down an associates in a specific career. But the Air Force offers that same job and would include a host of other benefits.

In short my concern is the bicillin injection given in boot camp. Trying to keep the post short but not joining is something I regret being talked out of when I was younger ( maybe I never would have been exposed to c diff had I enlisted too) but I would seriously consider this over community college but of course we get to fear antibiotics for life, crazy something like this could impact such big decisions in life. Also if you claim allergy they just give a 2x daily antibiotic pill so I think you’d be better taking the shot.

Penicillins hard offenders ? Thoughts ?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: What do we think about penicillin ?

Postby beth22 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:43 am

Some penicillins are less offenders than others - PenVK is less so than ampicillin. Can you get an exemption if a doctor writes a note that you shouldn't be taking antibiotics unless it is a serious infection? Or perhaps they can give you something less apt to cause c difficile like doxycycline erythromycin. Why do they give everyone a shot?

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:59 am

I was thinking the same, why is an antibiotic compulsory?

mach1320
Contributor

Postby mach1320 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:04 pm

Why? Because it’s the government lol. I believe it’s bicillin they give and I hear mixed things on the alternative pill.

As for the doctors note they wouldn’t let you enlist with that most likely

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”