Test

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
AnxiousJ
Regular Contributor

Test

Postby AnxiousJ » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:18 pm

Last week I was getting over a bad cold and leaving for a trip. I had taken a steroid inhaler and was having D about once a day. Two days before my trip I had it 3 x and called my GI's office and at their suggestion, I ended up testing. I received the results on 6/5 and it was negative. My question is the test says Toxigenic PCR: Lab & Collection: Toxin Gene NAA. I called the lab and GI office and they told me that is a PCR. I've seen Lab & Collection: PCR when it was run before. Is this still the same test? Also,while this is mild, I am continuing to have D almost once a day (with a formed here or there) and it's been about a week. The GI also tested me last week for Calprotectin which came back normal. Other than my period which I had a few days ago,I don't know why I would still be having this. Does it sound like just IBS? I added IBGard along with continuing VSL and Florastor.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”