My story, 2nd round, many Q’s, scared

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Capodad
Brand New Poster

Re: My story, 2nd round, many Q’s, scared

Postby Capodad » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:36 pm

Rita and others who have denounced Martyr's account of her experience with Michelle Moore's book, have you read it? I have just started it. My wife was dx with c diff several months ago. First she was prescribed by
her gp metronidazole and a ppi. That didn't work. Then she sought the help of a gi doc, he prescribed vanco. That didn't work. Then a titered round of vanco. That didn't work.Then Dificid.That didn't work. Yes was tested for c diff toxins and was positive. So after all that I would describe her condition as mild since she has several rounds of diareah but not 3 x 3. She has an appetite now but only eats mild simple foods. Good days and bad. It seems obvious to me that if your not "cured" by a round or 2 of ab's then fmt is the next go to. Well that should point out that maybe restoring gut flora is the better approach (90% efficacy) than numerous rounds of damaging ab's? I'm still new at this so I'm still learning. However I have many years experience in forums like this and as a medical advocate. I lost 2 wives to rare terminal cancers, both gastric cancers, cholangiocarcinoma (bile duct) and nueroendocrine (carcinoid/foregut) cancer. I've learned to keep an open mind and that allopathic medicine or orthodox western medicine only knows so much. Michelle Moore seems to do an excellent job of balancing that without bias. Maybe you should read her book? As I said it does seem obvious that in many cases ab's are not enough and that restoring the gut flora is key to restoring good health? Also on a side note I couldn't find much info here regarding Michelle Moore's book as others have said? Maybe I'm searching incorrectly? No matter I will finish reading it look at the published medical literature and figure it out.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”