New, Scared

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
roy
Administrator

Re: New, Scared

Postby roy » Wed May 30, 2018 4:27 am

C.diff is caused because you "ate" the bug!
Potentially there's a multitude of various bacteria on anything that goes in your mouth.
Processed foods like hamburgers are like little bacteria factory's!

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: New, Scared

Postby Lisa33 » Wed May 30, 2018 10:47 am

Everything you describe is very normal after finishing meds. Multiple BMs was my norm for almost 8 months! As long as it's not watery D, it's ok. I had terrible mornings, but always felt really good in the afternoon/evening hours. It takes some time for your body to recover. You may never go back to how you were pre-c diff. I never did. And it's also not unusual to have a week of normal BMs and then things go crazy again. Food can play into things too, or it can just be post-infectious IBS. Try not to worry unless the constant watery D returns.

-Lisa

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”