C Diff Malpractice

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Arin
New User

C Diff Malpractice

Postby Arin » Tue May 08, 2018 8:02 pm

Hi :)
I’m a 38 yr old female that is in the middle of my 3rd C Diff infection. 8 years ago I became super-sick with diarrhea.. vomiting... Fever... that waxed and waned for 2 years. Loads of doc visits with no diagnosis. I had several colonoscopies that came back “clear”. My illness responded to Flagyl but no one knew why.

Fast forward to 2017: When my doc switched over to electronic medical records a few months ago I decided to read my file. I found out I had tested positive for C Diff Toxin A during my illness and my doc never told me, never treated it. I was put on Humira for an “overactive immune system” and have basically stayed sick.

I got C Diff again last year and I nearly died from it after being admitted to the ICU. I was diagnosed and treated properly. Now it looks like I have it again.

This undiagnosed illness has drastically changed the course of my career and personal life (C Diff will do that, right?). I called an attorney and they are thinking this is a case of medical malpractice.

Has anyone had anything crazy like this happen?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: C Diff Malpractice

Postby beth22 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:12 am

There have been others who have been misdiagnosed. Proving malpractice is not easy though. There is literature that says that toxin A does not need to be treated as it is toxin B that is the worse toxin. PCR tests for toxin B. Do you know what type of test that was?

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”