New member-Flagyl completed-Probiotic?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
johan22
Brand New Poster

New member-Flagyl completed-Probiotic?

Postby johan22 » Wed May 02, 2018 11:55 pm

Hi All
Many thanks to the moderators and staff for putting together a great site.I know of no one else whom has had this condition and I am on my own, with little financial resource, due to Ankylosing spondylitis.Now that all of the reading is done, here is my brief history and question-

1- Sat. Apr.14/18- Just finished Cephaloxin? anti bio for huge infected boil.1st loose bowel w blood, low fever, nausea,cramps,severe
headache. 5th course of anti biotic in 5 months.
2-Thurs.April.19/18- Stool test positive-Start Flagyl
3- Fri. ' 20/18- Violently ill vomit w severe headache-2nd trip to hospital. Over nite in Emerge-2 bags saline and anti nauseant.
4-Sun nite " 22/18- Unbearably severe headache,fever 101 F,constant nausea.Waste starting to firm-1 week since infected.
5- Tues May.1/18- Complete Flagyl course.6th course of anti biotics in 6 months.
6- Wed May.2/18- First solid/normalish BM.Feel absolutely no energy,gurgling stomach, but arthritic pain better.Homebound.
Have been eating lots of probiotic yogurt etc.

I am going to pick up some probiotics tomorrow, with limited resources.I have attended a lecture by Brenda Watson/Renewlife in North Vancouver and trust that her products are well put together.I am going to purchase a bottle of her Saccharomyces Boulardii and one other. I have to decide between the Ultimate Flora Colon Care probiotic and the Ultimate Flora Ultra Potent/apparently the most potent on the market.Question for anyone in the know- which one would you choose? I will be going with one of these two products. Thank you most kindly for helping me with this decision-I need the help !

Sincerely Brian 57- in North Van,Canada

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Re: New member-Flagyl completed-Probiotic?

Postby Lid49 » Fri May 04, 2018 6:35 pm

Hi,
Probiotic as far as I know it a chose of yours, on this site and my experience the best choice will be Vsl3 and florastor. I do not know a lot about other pr obiotics.
Take care.
Lidia.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”