Hey guys I'm back :/

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Amb66
New User

Hey guys I'm back :/

Postby Amb66 » Tue May 01, 2018 3:09 pm

Hi everyone...I finally thought I had beat this beast. I did an 8 week taper of vanco and had been feeling good for a little over a month but this last week has been really rough again and I'm scared its back. Obviously vanco hasn't been working for me as I've relapsed twice already. I'm terrified to do a FMT but could anyone give me any success they've had on dificid? I think I got my dr to agree to one round of it if the test comes back postive and I dont care about the price, I just want to feel better and am desperate. Please please any help or advice or stories are appreciated! I feel so scared and alone right now. Thanks guys. Idk what I'd do without you.

AnxiousJ
Regular Contributor

Re: Hey guys I'm back :/

Postby AnxiousJ » Tue May 01, 2018 9:17 pm

Yes. I had it two years ago, I failed Flagyl, was given Vanco, tested neg two weeks after finishing the Vanco but developed my first ever UTI a week after I got the negative results, I went on Bactrim for that and three weeks later tested positive. I then went on 10 days of Dificid. I've been okay (so far) since then. I was left with Post Infectious IBS but I've tested negative 4 times since then. I say do it! It helped me. Good luck and feel better.
Last edited by AnxiousJ on Wed May 02, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Seahorse
New User

Postby Seahorse » Tue May 01, 2018 9:23 pm

I’m back too....waiting to get better or worse. Finished 30 day taper of Vanco. No D but still very limited in my diet. I have been on low fat low residue diet for over a month. Have new “normal” bm, but terrible gas. Trying to advance my diet, craving salads. Any advice on advancing diet?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue May 01, 2018 9:41 pm

There have been others where Dificid worked after vanco did not. Macheon is one of them. He is doing very well.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Wed May 02, 2018 11:04 am

There are quite a few posters that were cured by Dificid after vanco/vanco tapers failed. If you are relapsing, it's definitely worth a shot as another treatment method. Some have even done Dificid tapers. One of our admins, NanciT is one. Search through her posts. Hopefully you are not relapsing, and it's just PI-IBS.

sophie
Regular Contributor

Postby sophie » Wed May 02, 2018 12:45 pm

Hi..as others have written, hopefully you're just suffering IBS post-C-Diff symptoms. I could not use Flagyl and I tried to take Vancomycin, twice - both times I had to stop as I had horrible side effects. People say you shouldn't have side effects, but trust me, I did and it was bad. I finally met an
Infectious Disease doctor while in the hospital who prescribed Dificid. That did the trick. If you can get it, do so. You can go to Dificid.com where you can get a great subsidized amount - a) if you have very little income or b) if you have a medical plan. I had the medical plan and ended up only paying $50. That was the best $50 I spent. Good luck!

amg
Regular Contributor

Postby amg » Wed May 02, 2018 1:00 pm

Yes, Dificid was what cured my daughter after relapsing for the fifth time following two tries with Flagyl and two tries with Vanco. She did a Dificid taper, however. We thought she needed more time to build up her own flora after so many courses of antibiotics as well as the appendectomy that set this whole thing off.

Machaon
Regular Contributor

Postby Machaon » Wed May 02, 2018 1:17 pm

Hi Amb66!

Sorry that you are going thru awful and stressful health problems. Let's hope that you haven't had a relapse!

For me... 10 days of dificid cured me of C-diff on September 12, 2017, leaving me with no dietary or intestinal problems. This was after relapsing on flagyl and after failing vancomycin and vancomycin with taper. During these failures I also took

--- five Saccharomyces Boulardii + MOS (5 Billion) AND
--- two of Dr. Tobias Deep Immune AND
--- one of Dr. Tobias (30 Billion) 10 Strains Probiotics for Women and Men AND
--- one of NOW 25 Billion Probiotic-10 AND
--- 5000 iu vit d3. Sadly, I relapsed again! I don't have any idea whether these probiotics assisted in helping me eventually get better, or not.

I feel fortunate because I suffered greatly from C-diff and felt so weak, swelled up, debilitated and miserable that I didn't think that I was going to survive. Thank God for dificid!

If you are diagnosed with C-diff I wish you a complete and long lasting recovery from this miserable, debilitating infection!

Regard and best wishes, Bob
Male 77 S.Florida

900 weight lifts 750 knee bends day

Since 1987 had CHF afib asthma

I inhale $6 Flonase nasal spray for asthma :)

Ex C-diff (4/19/17- 9/12/17) after 10 days dificid

Diet:6 meals ~1500 cals 2 eggs 2 steamed broccoli, apple, bagels

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Wed May 02, 2018 7:34 pm

Hopefully this isn't a relapse. I did do two rounds of Vanco, first 10 days , then a 3 month taper. After relapsing, I went on to Dificid for 10days. I also relapsed after that. I then went on a Dificid taper which finally took care of it.
I have had alot of Post IBS and my diet has been slow. I also thought it had returned several time but would go back to a very bland diet and then did well.
It can take time to recover. Hoping the test is negative but if it is positive, Dificid has worked for many on the site

Wishing you the best!
NanciT

OCmama
Regular Contributor

Postby OCmama » Wed May 02, 2018 11:30 pm

I was “cured” by 10 days on Dificid (had red man syndrome with vancomycin). I am almost 17 months out. I had no side effects that I could tell from Dificid, I found it to be a very easy drug to take, I denfitely have PI-IBS but my infection was severe.

Medena
Contributor

Postby Medena » Sat May 05, 2018 11:37 pm

Ibs post cdiff is real!
I've never had any digestive issues prior to cdiff, and my bms have always been on the constipated side.
Now, even though negative on cdiff for 3 months, my bm are on the soft side and yellowish.
Its hard not to panic when experienced this disease, but that only makes the ibs worse! So keep your head up!

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”